Excerpt from Cupcakes for Your Soul
Day 29 – Snickerdoodle
1) What PRICE-TAG can we place on any HUMAN?
2) No amount of material possession can PURCHASE a SOUL- what does it PROFIT you to GAIN the WORLD yet LOSE a SOUL?
3) IDLENESS never REVEALS the TRUE WORTH of a RESOURCE (natural or human), however DEPLOYMENT does!
4) David’s true worth was REVEALED when he DEPLOYED his SKILL to KILL Goliath, THEN people COMPARED him to the KING.
5) Gold to the MINER or Gold to the JEWELER, which is WORTH more?
6) What really HURTS are not just other people’s WORDS but their WORDS that YOU REHEARSE.
7) MONITOR your INTERNAL DIALOGUE; your thoughts often DRIFT in a direction that is DETRIMENTAL to your DESIRES.
8) Not all PUBLIC opinion is CORRECT opinion; never judge yourself by the PRESS.
9) ELICIT love, attention or affection from another person, don’t CHASE it. If it is not FREELY given, it isn’t WORTH HAVING.
10) CRUDE OIL or REFINED OIL, which is worth more?
11) The PROCESS makes you BETTER, Shortcuts REDUCE your WORTH.
12) SELF WORTH starts from SELF, you should not EXPECT to receive it from SOMEONE ELSE.
13) WHATEVER you do, do it with BOLDNESS, this world seems HOSTILE to the ones who are DOCILE.
14) The VALUE you place on yourself ultimately DETERMINES the VALUE we place on you.
15) Your INVESTMENT in personal DEVELOPMENT daily, is only a reflection of the VALUE you place on YOURSELF.
16) You cannot EXPECT to RECEIVE what you do not GIVE; if you don’t first LOVE yourself, don’t expect others to LOVE YOU.
17) What you CHOOSE to ACCEPT or REJECT REFLECTS the WORTH you place on yourself. You are CHEAP if you always ACCEPT COINS.
18) Your sense of self WORTH always reflects in your RESULTS. The BOLD are CONQUERORS.
19) Be MINDFUL of the devil’s AGENDA – to put you under PRESSURE so you could COWER.
20) You may SEEM ordinary but you carry the SUPREME BEING! You are just a diamond in the rough.
Day 30– Toasted Coconut
21) The man who SEEKS PITY, seeks ASYLUM in a PIT.
22) To thy self be TRUE! Do you really know YOU? Does this QUESTION trigger a sense of FEAR or inner CONVICTION?
23) What you say, that you REALIZE you shouldn’t have said is FEEDBACK to you telling you what LIES in the deep recesses of your HEART.
24) PRESSURE is a REVEALER! Revealing to YOU, a side of YOU; one you probably never KNEW.
25) JOY lies WITHIN EVERYONE, the KEY to UNLOCK its DOORS is well within your CONTROL.
26) LOCKED-up EXPRESSIONS can lead to DEPRESSION! EXPRESS yourself, care LESS, SING, DANCE, SCREAM….
27) A MERRY HEART makes CHEERFUL COUNTENANCE- through your PHYSIOLOGY, we can tell your PSYCHOLOGY.
28) Do you feel like a CAPTIVE that’s ENSLAVED by external CHATTER? Mental FETTERS that WEIGH no more than a FEATHER?
29) The STING of DEFEAT is OVERTURNED by a state of JOY; the enemy’s victory is rendered IRRELEVANT when you DANCE.
30) Sometimes, I have EARNED MORE when I was DOING LESS but BEING MORE. CONFIDENCE commands MORE at the table of NEGOTIATION.
31) Keep RECORDS of PAST VICTORIES; they are REFERENCE points for future BATTLES.
32) Know thyself because IDENTITY is the difference between a KING and a NON-ENTITY.
33) Do you DERIVE your sense of self-worth from your JOB? If you LOST your JOB today, what will you be worth?
34) When your worth is derived from material possessions, you are a VICTIM of the WIND, when your worth is from DIVINITY, you become as the WIND.
35) 2 kinds of people – THERMOSTATS and THERMOMETRES; the first are REGULATORS and the latter are REGULATED.
36) Your sense of SELF WORTH starts with your IDENTITY. The day a chicken decides to COMPETE with an eagle, DEFEAT becomes INEVITABLE.
37) We can DETECT your VALUES by what you are ATTRACTED to and REPULSED by.
38) TIME is a POINTER to one’s real VALUES. What you really VALUE, you will CREATE time for.
39) Our conscious WISHES and our unconscious BELIEFS about what we wish for often CONFLICT. When your WISHES align with your BELIEFS, nature PRODUCES, it cannot RESIST.
40) NATURE produces BUSHES, NURTURE produces GARDENS. Real BEAUTY is an INVESTMENT.